Learning Module Information
- Estimated Lecture Hours: 2
- Lab hours: 1 (discussion and group activities)
- Format: PowerPoint
- Define wind power and discuss its history and characteristics as a renewable energy source.
- Distinguish between mechanical and electric wind power technologies and explain the basic mechanics involved with each.
- Discuss basic components and design of wind power systems.
- Illustrate potential applications for wind power in agriculture.
- Identify environmental, social and economic benefits of wind power.
- Identify and articulate current issues facing wind power development.
- Appraise a region’s wind resources and design a basic wind power system with the use of on-line project development tools.
- History of wind power
- Basic mechanics of wind power
- Potential applications for wind power
- Benefits of wind power
- Issues in wind power development
- Regional wind sources
- Basic wind power design
[su_button url="/wp-content/uploads/8Syllabus_WindPowerP1.docx" target="blank" background="#1b5d23"]Click Here For Syllabus[/su_button]
Please see the User Guide
for information on how to use this curriculum
Common Core State Standards
Common Career and Tech Core Standards
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Language
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Reading
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Speaking & Listening
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Writing
LifeKnowledge and Cluster Skills Content Standards
English Language Arts Standards-Science and Technical Subjects
English Language Arts Standards-Writing
Click HERE to download the Excel Spreadsheet of the detailed standards for all of our modules.
View the Standards Database page to filter our modules for a specific standard.