Learning Module Information
- Estimated Lecture Hours: 3
- Lab Hours: Discussion and group activity prompts within the presentation may account for an hour or so of the class.
- Format: PowerPoint
- Define geothermal energy and discuss its characteristics as a renewable energy source.
- Describe the geophysical sources of geothermal energy and compare methods of extracting/exchanging heat from these sources.
- Distinguish between geothermal electrical production, buy direct-use and heat pump technologies and explain the basic processes involved with each.
- Discuss basic components and installation of geothermal heat pump systems.
- Illustrate potential applications for geothermal energy in agriculture.
- Identify energy/cost savings available for farms by geothermal systems.
- Appraise a region’s geothermal potential and identify applicable financial incentives.
- Design a basic geothermal system with the use of on-line project development tools and evaluate the energy-savings potential of the proposed system.
- Geothermal overview
- Sources of geothermal
- Geothermal energy production
- Components of geothermal systems
- Potential applications of geothermal
- Cost/Savings using geothermal energy
- Basic geothermal design
[su_button url="/wp-content/uploads/7Geothermal_Syllabus.docx" target="blank" background="#1b5d23"]Click Here For Syllabus[/su_button]
Please see the User Guide
for information on how to use this curriculum
Common Core State Standards
Common Career and Tech Core Standards
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Language
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Reading
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Speaking & Listening
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Writing
LifeKnowledge and Cluster Skills Content Standards
English Language Arts Standards-Science and Technical Subjects
English Language Arts Standards-Writing
Click HERE to download the Excel Spreadsheet of the detailed standards for all of our modules.
View the Standards Database page to filter our modules for a specific standard.