Learning Module Information
- Estimated Lecture Hours: 3
- Format: PowerPoint
- Define solar energy and discuss its history and characteristics as a renewable energy source.
- Distinguish between active and passive solar technologies and explain the basic processes involved with each.
- Discuss basic components and design of solar energy systems.
- Illustrate potential applications for solar energy in agriculture.
- Appraise a region’s solar potential and design a basic solar power system with the use of on-line project development tools.
- Solar energy basics
- Active and passive solar technology
- Basic components of solar equipment
- Basic solar energy system design
- Solar applications in agriculture
- Design a basic solar power system
[su_button url="/wp-content/uploads/6Syllabus_Solar.docx" target="blank" background="#1b5d23"]Click Here For Syllabus[/su_button]
Please see the User Guide
for information on how to use this curriculum
Common Core State Standards
Common Career and Tech Core Standards
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Language
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Reading
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Speaking & Listening
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Writing
LifeKnowledge and Cluster Skills Content Standards
English Language Arts Standards-Science and Technical Subjects
English Language Arts Standards-Writing
Click HERE to download the Excel Spreadsheet of the detailed standards for all of our modules.
View the Standards Database page to filter our modules for a specific standard.