Learning Module Information
- Estimated Lecture Hours: 2
- Format: PowerPoint
- Identify the main issues of energy use in American agriculture, for sale and explain the correlation between energy inputs and agricultural prices (farmer costs and food prices).
- Distinguish between direct and indirect energy use in agriculture and give examples of each.
- Cite four benefits of energy conservation and renewable energy for agriculture (securing profits, improving processes, increasing productivity, and protecting natural resources vital for agriculture).
- Discuss major environmental consequences of fossil fuel use and distinguish particular effects that pollution has on agricultural resources.
- Identify the main sources of energy production today and critique their limits/reserves.
- List five renewable energy sources (biofuels, wind, solar, geothermal and hydro) and give examples of agricultural applications for each.
- American agriculture
- Food Prices and farmer cost
- Benefits of energy conservation and renewable energy
- Process improvement
- Fossil fuel and environmental consequences
- Energy production limitations and reserves
- Viability Assessment
- Agricultural applications of renewable energy
[su_button url="/wp-content/uploads/1Syllabus_Ag-EnergyBasics.docx" target="blank" background="#1b5d23"]Click Here For Syllabus[/su_button]
Please see the User Guide
for information on how to use this curriculum
Common Core State Standards
Common Career and Tech Core Standards
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Language
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Reading
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Speaking & Listening
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Writing
LifeKnowledge and Cluster Skills Content Standards
English Language Arts Standards-Science and Technical Subjects
English Language Arts Standards-Writing
Click HERE to download the Excel Spreadsheet of the detailed standards for all of our modules.
View the Standards Database page to filter our modules for a specific standard.