Learning Module Information
- Estimated Lecture Hours: 2
- Lab hours: 1 (discussion and group activities)
- Format: PowerPoint
- Define wind power and discuss its history and characteristics as a renewable energy source.
- Distinguish between mechanical and electric wind power technologies and explain the basic mechanics involved with each.
- Discuss basic components and design of wind power systems.
- Illustrate potential applications for wind power in agriculture.
- Identify environmental, social and economic benefits of wind power.
- Identify and articulate current issues facing wind power development.
- Appraise a region’s wind resources and design a basic wind power system with the use of on-line project development tools.
- History of wind power
- Basic mechanics of wind power
- Potential applications for wind power
- Benefits of wind power
- Issues in wind power development
- Regional wind sources
- Basic wind power design
Click Here For Syllabus
Please see the User Guide
for information on how to use this curriculum
Common Core State Standards
Common Career and Tech Core Standards
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Language
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Reading
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Speaking & Listening
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Writing
LifeKnowledge and Cluster Skills Content Standards
English Language Arts Standards-Science and Technical Subjects
English Language Arts Standards-Writing
Click HERE to download the Excel Spreadsheet of the detailed standards for all of our modules.
View the Standards Database page to filter our modules for a specific standard.