Learning Module Information
- Estimated Lecture Hours: 3
- Format: PowerPoint
- Define solar energy and discuss its history and characteristics as a renewable energy source.
- Distinguish between active and passive solar technologies and explain the basic processes involved with each.
- Discuss basic components and design of solar energy systems.
- Illustrate potential applications for solar energy in agriculture.
- Appraise a region’s solar potential and design a basic solar power system with the use of on-line project development tools.
- Solar energy basics
- Active and passive solar technology
- Basic components of solar equipment
- Basic solar energy system design
- Solar applications in agriculture
- Design a basic solar power system
Click Here For Syllabus
Please see the User Guide
for information on how to use this curriculum
Common Core State Standards
Common Career and Tech Core Standards
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Language
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Reading
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Speaking & Listening
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Writing
LifeKnowledge and Cluster Skills Content Standards
English Language Arts Standards-Science and Technical Subjects
English Language Arts Standards-Writing
Click HERE to download the Excel Spreadsheet of the detailed standards for all of our modules.
View the Standards Database page to filter our modules for a specific standard.