Learning Module Information
- Estimated Lecture Hours: 2
- Lab Hours: 1 (discussion and group activities)
- Format: PowerPoint
- Identify natural resources on farms that may be used to produce renewable Energy (RE).
- Compare and contrast methods of energy storage and distribution and choose which ones are most applicable for certain situations.
- Interpret the PURPA legislation and its significance for on-farm RE production
- Define standard electrical terms and explain basic electrical concepts.
- Summarize current renewable energy production on U.S. farms.
- Renewable energy on farms
- Energy storage and distribution
- PURPA legislation
- Basic electricity
- Current trends in agriculture
Click Here For Syllabus
Please see the User Guide
for information on how to use this curriculum
Common Core State Standards
Common Career and Tech Core Standards
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Language
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Reading
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Speaking & Listening
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Writing
LifeKnowledge and Cluster Skills Content Standards
English Language Arts Standards-Science and Technical Subjects
English Language Arts Standards-Writing
Click HERE to download the Excel Spreadsheet of the detailed standards for all of our modules.
View the Standards Database page to filter our modules for a specific standard.