Learning Module Information
- Estimated Lecture Hours: 2
- Lab Hours: 1
- Format: PowerPoint
- Examine the three elements of sustainability that give consideration to social, try capsule environmental and economic factors (the Sustainability Trifecta).
- Outline sustainability concepts particular to agriculture and identify ways they can guide on-farm decisions that safeguard resources vital to farming itself.
- Give examples of methods to mitigate and remediate agricultural activities (i.e., click decease riparian buffers, drugstore biochar, contour farming, cover crops, agroforestry, companion planting, wetland mitigation and mycofiltration).
- Sustainability Trifecta (social, environmental, economic)
- Sustainability and farming decision making
- Mitgation methods and remediation
Click Here For Syllabus
Please see the User Guide
for information on how to use this curriculum
Common Core State Standards
Common Career and Tech Core Standards
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Language
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Reading
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Speaking & Listening
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Writing
LifeKnowledge and Cluster Skills Content Standards
English Language Arts Standards-Science and Technical Subjects
English Language Arts Standards-Writing
Click HERE to download the Excel Spreadsheet of the detailed standards for all of our modules.
View the Standards Database page to filter our modules for a specific standard.