Module 11: Intro to Bioenergy
Learning Module Information
- Estimated Lecture Hours: 2
- Lab Hours: 1
- Format: PowerPoint
- List biomass resources produced on farms.
- Explain the carbon neutrality potential of biomass and how this compares to using fossil fuels for energy. (carbon balance, there net-energy returns)
- Discuss the significance and potential of the bioenergy economy to agriculture.
- Illustrate how direct combustion, sovaldi transesterification and anaerobic digestion can be used to provide on-farm energy needs.
- Identify the process used to make ethanol and the significance of this industry to agriculture.
- Identify the need for more efficient feedstocks and energy conversion processes (advanced biofuels).
Click Here For Syllabus
- Carbon neutrality
- Bioenergy conversion
- Fermentation process
- Introduction to Ethanol
- Pros and Cons of Bioenergy
- Ongoing research
Please see the User Guide
for information on how to use this curriculum
Common Core State Standards
Click HERE to download the Excel Spreadsheet of the detailed standards for all of our modules.
Agribusiness Systems Career Pathway Content Standards
Animal System Career Pathways Content Standards
Biotechnology Systems Career Pathway Content Standards
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Language
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Reading
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Speaking & Listening
College & Career Readiness-Anchor Writing
LifeKnowledge and Cluster Skills Content Standards
Environmental Service System Career Pathway Content Standards
Food Products and Processing Systems Career Pathway Content Standards
Natural Resources Systems Career Pathway Content Standards
English Language Arts Standards-Science and Technical Subjects
View the Standards Database page to filter our modules for a specific standard.